Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2-3 cans of high-quality tuna, or 1 lb of your homemade tunafish
- 4 T. diced celery
- 6-7 T. high quality mayonnaise
- 2-3 T. Dijon or other good mustard
- 1-2 t. finely chopped dill
- 1/2 a medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 T. finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/4 t. cayenne (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Flake the tuna into chunks. If you bought it oil-packed, as I recommend, let it be coated in oil. Don't wash the tuna.
Mix the tuna with all the other ingredients in a bowl. Test for salt and add it to taste.
Optional: Make your own mayonnaise! There is a great recipe linked below.
To serve -- well, we all know how to eat a tuna sandwich! But I like my sandwiches on toasted crusty bread. If you want to go upscale, serve them like an Italian bruschetta: Open-faced on thick crusty toast.