Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb tuna or yellowtail
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T tiny capers
- 1 T finely chopped shallot
- 1 T finely chopped Sicilian green olives
- 1/2 t. red pepper flakes, or 1 small chile pepper, chopped fine
- 1 t pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 T fennel fronds, for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Chop the tuna into very small dice, about 1/4 inch. Use a very sharp knife. Mix with the olive oil, capers, shallot, chile pepper, pine nuts and olives, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with the fennel fronds and serve with a lemon wedge.
This dish is especially good served in a hollowed out sweet pepper or round cucumber. Serve with a dry rose.