Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound crab meat (any kind will do: Dungeness, blue claw, stone crab, etc)
- Zest of a lemon
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup high-quality olive oil or walnut oil
- 1 stalk of green garlic, finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- 2 T. finely chopped mint or chervil
- 2 T. finely chopped parsley
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 pound shelled fresh green fava beans
Mix together the crab, lemon zest and all the greens except for 1 tablespoon of the parsley in a large bowl. Taste to see if you need salt; the crab may be salty enough.
Add the lemon juice, black pepper and the fava beans, if using. Mix well.
Stirring gently all the while, slowly drizzle in the olive or walnut oil. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve with crusty bread and a fruity white wine, such as a Greek Rhoditis or an off-dry Riesling or Gewurztraminer.