Prep Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 lb small (31-40 per pound) shrimp, preferably Northern pink shrimp
- Juice of 5 lemons
- Juice of 3 limes
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 t. salt
- 1 finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/2 of a chopped sweet onion
- 1 T. finely chopped tarragon
- 1 thinly sliced cucumber
- Sprigs of tarragon for garnish
Add the citrus juices and salt together in a lidded container such as Tupperware, and add the shrimp. Mix well and store in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
After an hour or so, add the orange bell pepper -- you could use another color, I just like orange -- and the sliced onions to the citrus-shrimp mixture. Return to the fridge.
To serve, mix in the tarragon (or another herb you like, such as basil or parsley or cilantro) in with the ceviche. Arrange the cucumber slices on the plate and place some of the ceviche on top. Garnish with the tarragon sprigs.