Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 T. smoked Spanish paprika (you can substitute regular paprika)
- 1 heaping teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 t. salt
- 1 finely chopped serrano chile (for less heat, use a jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk (whole or 2 percent)
- 2 T. sherry (fino or amontillado)
- 4-6 cleaned crab shells or ramekins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients together and let rest for 10 minutes.
Stuff the mixture loosely -- do not pack it -- into the crab shells, or if you don't have them, single-serving ramekins. You could also simply use a casserole dish, too.
Bake for 40 minutes, then serve hot with a fruity white wine such as an off-dry Riesling or a Gewurztraminer.