Since this is a well mixed, mayo based salad, you can use one of the more economical grades of crabmeat in this recipe.
(View the Full Size Photo of Easy Crab and Shrimp Salad)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 2 Tbsp panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 6 ounces cooked small or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces white flake crabmeat (picked over for bits of shell and cartilage)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped sweet onion (or scallion)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried dill (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
Chop the shrimp coarsely (you want big pieces) and combine with the softened panko, crabmeat, celery, onion, pickle, lemon, dill, black pepper, and cayenne.
Add just enough mayo to moisten. Adjust salt and pepper. Serve over baby greens.
Makes 2-3 servings of Crab and Shrimp Salad
NOTE: For a delightfully different grilled cheese sandwich idea, try this Crab and Shrimp Salad Cheddar Melt Sandwich